Simplifying the complex for Tech Data
Tech Data is one of the world’s largest tech distributors for globally renowned tech companies including Google, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Fortinet, HP Inc, IBM, Lenovo, LG, Microsoft, Samsung, Sony, and more. Tech Data is headquartered in Florida, USA and offers a broad range of product lines, logistics capabilities, and value-added services that enable technology manufacturers and resellers to deploy IT solutions. Tech Data is ranked number 88 on the Fortune 500 list and has been named one of Fortune's ‘World's Most Admired Companies’ for 11 straight years.
- Web page design
- Landing page design
Tech Data is Germany’s largest distributor for Cloud and IBM Cloud Paks. The two companies recently launched a multi-cloud management system. This required a new landing page design that clearly explained how virtual machines received data from their respective servers (e.g. AWS Azure, and IBM Cloud) with a Redhat Openspace integration. This multi-cloud management tool focused on reducing resource-intensive virtual machines.
The landing page needed to communicate their core purpose: "To continuously satisfy the world's ever-evolving demand for technology."
Designing a landing page that incorporates these aspects was challenging on two aspects — it called for a clear understanding of these high-tech concepts as well as the perfect representation of the same via web design.
- Understanding complex tech concepts and their structures and simplifying the same via design. It was essential to incorporate every aspect of the elements, processes, and data and accurately represent the same.
- Clearly explain IBM & Tech Data’s multi-cloud management system through the design.
- The design needed to be casual, drawing from Tech Data’s brand identity while still offering all the relevant information.
- This was the first time we worked on an isometric design for a landing page.
- The landing page needed to be extremely responsive — every animation was developed to be interactive across devices.
- The design was built for the German website — the right kind of designs needed to express the concepts.
- We started by studying each aspect of the multi-cloud management solution and collated the information on a storyboard. This storyboard then became the main reference for our internal team and helped us share preliminary ideas for design with Tech Data.
- Using a static-first approach, Brucira shared the illustrations via PDFs to gain approvals from Tech Data, after which, the animation process was kick-started. This ensured any changes and enhancements were completed in the early stages, resulting in picture-perfect animations for the landing page.
- Once each element was designed, it was then animated and approved. All animations were then linked to each other for the client to review the entire landing page together.
- Brucira explored the look & feel of the landing page incorporating the directions of casual yet professional into the elements.
- The landing page was highly appreciated by both Tech Data and IBM. Each and every element of the animation perfectly depicted their process.
- The illustrations were professional, full of information, and interactive without steering away from the core brand identity and values.
- This landing page was also incorporated into online ad promotions and marketing, making it a critical aspect of the business development strategy.
- Instead of a lengthy video, the landing page incorporated interactive animations reducing the time it would take for someone to understand the multi-cloud management system — turning the complex into something simple, easy, and beautiful.